Select below to be routed to the waiver system.
How do I complete a waiver?
Everything is done online! You will need your current health insurance card and your GatorLink username and password to log in to the waiver system.
1. Go to the following website: https://my.shcc.ufl.edu/waiver/
2. Log in using your Gatorlink username and password
3. Click green button at the bottom of the screen “Add New Waiver”
4. Answer the questions and click “Submit”
5. Enter insurance information and click orange button “Submit”
6. Log back in to the waiver site to check the verification status in approximately 3 to 5 business days (as the deadline approaches this time may be delayed)
PLEASE NOTE: This insurance information is not provided to the Student Health Care Center for billing related to services rendered. If you would like the clinic to bill the insurance you entered in the waiver system, please fill out the Student Health Care Center’s online insurance verification form. The online insurance verification form DOES NOT replace the insurance waiver.
- Before logging in, call your insurance company to review the requirements. This will allow you to easily answer the waiver coverage questions.
- If you don’t find your insurance company in the list, you can add it by typing the name and then selecting “Add…” underneath the text box.
What do the waiver statuses mean?
Submission of a waiver does not guarantee that the waiver will be accepted. Check your waiver status after submission. Below are the different statuses that you may see:
Draft – Needs to be completed and submitted.
Pending Review – A member of our staff is reviewing the submission.
Pending Verification – We are in the process of verifying that coverage is active and meets the requirements.
Verified – Success!
Review Failed – We are missing information. We need to hear from you! You will be enrolled in the school plan if no further action is taken.
Verification Failed – This means that the waiver has come back with expired or invalid coverage. You will be enrolled in the school plan if no further action is taken.
What if I don’t complete a waiver?
Students who do not submit a waiver by the deadline will be automatically enrolled in the UF sponsored plan for EVERY semester in which they are enrolled at least half-time, and will be financially responsible for the related charge(s) on the student’s account.
How do I update my waiver?
Updating your waiver is easy! If your coverage has changed or expired, follow the steps above to log in and simply click the “Edit” or “Delete” button(s) to update your information. You can only edit or delete waivers for the current semester.
Who can I talk to if I have a problem with my waiver?
Contact UF Health Compliance Office with any questions or concerns: email@example.com or (352) 294-2925.
Students with financial aid allotment questions/concerns should contact their pre-assigned adviser at Student Financial Affairs.