Deadline to submit proof of insurance for
Summer A/C Semester:
May 19th, 2017
Summer B Semester:
July 7th, 2017
How do I complete a waiver?
Everything can be done online! You will need your current health insurance card and your GatorLink username and password to log in to the waiver system.
1. Go to the following website: https://my.shcc.ufl.edu/waiver/
2. Log in using your Gatorlink username and password
3. Click green button at the bottom of the screen “Add New Waiver”
4. Answer the questions and click “Submit”
5. Enter insurance information and click orange button “Submit”
6. Log back in to the waiver site to check the verification status in approximately 3 to 5 business days (as the deadline approaches this time may be delayed)
PLEASE NOTE: This insurance information is not provided to the Student Health Care Center for billing related to services rendered. If you would like the clinic to bill the insurance you entered in the waiver system, please fill out the Student Health Care Center’s online insurance verification form. The online insurance verification form DOES NOT replace the insurance waiver.
Tips for successful waiver completion:
- Before logging in, call your insurance company to review the requirements. This will allow you to easily answer the waiver system’s questions yes/no about your coverage and then submit your policy information for verification.
- If you don’t find your insurance company in the list, you can add it by typing the name and then selecting “Add…” underneath the textbox.
- If you have a government sponsored insurance plan or insurance card does not have the specific fields requested, please enter “99999” into the text field.
- Need additional assistance? View the online videos “How to read your insurance card” and “How to navigate the waiver system”.
- Keep in mind, submission of a waiver does not guarantee that the waiver will be accepted. If the waiver fails to meet the minimum coverage guidelines, you will be notified by email and billed for the semester.
What do the waiver statuses mean?
In the waiver system, there is a status bar that tells you at what stage your waiver is in the process. Below are different statuses that you may see:
Draft – This means that a waiver has been started but not completed or submitted for verification.
Pending Review – This means that the waiver is waiting for a staff member to review your submission and approve.
Pending Verification – This means that the waiver is waiting to be sent to the insurance company to verify that the coverage is active.
Verified – This means success! Your waiver has been processed and, where applicable, the charge will be removed from your student account.
Review Failed – This means that the waiver has missing or incorrect information. We need to hear from you! You will be enrolled in the school plan if no further action is taken.
Verification Failed – This means that the waiver has come back with expired or invalid coverage. You will be enrolled in the school plan if no further action is taken.
What if I don’t complete a waiver?
Students who do not submit a waiver by the deadline will be automatically enrolled in the UF sponsored plan for EVERY semester in which they are enrolled at least half-time, and will be financially responsible for the related charge(s) on the student’s account.
How do I update my waiver?
Updating your waiver is easy! If your coverage has changed or expired, follow the steps above to log in and simply click the “Edit” or “Delete” button(s) to update your information. You can only edit or delete waivers for the current semester.
Who can I talk to if I have a problem with my waiver?
Contact UF Health Compliance Office with any questions or concerns: email@example.com or (352) 294-2925.
Students with financial aid allotment questions/concerns should contact their pre-assigned adviser at Student Financial Affairs.